Historic Homes of Longmeadow

906 Longmeadow Street (#54 The James Coomes House - 1799)

James Coomes built this house in 1799, but had to sell it at auction in 1800 when he went bankrupt. In 1855 the home was turned 90 degrees towards the street to make room for the house which now stands just to the south (#56). Today this home is owned by Bay Path College. The lovely home just to its north is that of the college’s President.

[Photo contributed by Rachel Port]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
© 1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved